All reservations and cancellations must be made in writing.
Reservations, Deposits and Payment:
A $1,000 deposit is required to reserve the tour. The deposit funds are credited to the total tour cost. The remainder of payment is due within 60 days of departure. Acceptable forms of payment include check or credit card through PayPal. We will send a final invoice about a month before the payment is due.
Cancellations and Refunds:
The following cancellation charges will apply:**
- For any cancellation made 90 days before the tour start date, EHE will refund all payments minus itemized sunk costs by EHE and a $75 per person administrative fee.
- Cancellations received by EHE between 90 and 60 days of the tour start date will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
- For cancellations received by EHE between 30 and 60 days of the tour start date, guests will be responsible for 50 percent of the tour cost to cover sunk costs.
- For cancellations received by EHE less than 30 days of the tour start date, guests will be responsible for the total tour cost.
- During the coronavirus outbreak, all deposits are fully refundable. If we must cancel a trip after full payment because of government mandates, we will gladly roll over the reservation for a future trip date or refund all payments made minus any absolute sunk costs.
- For some trips, such as the Greece and Turkey trip, we work with local tour companies as required by law in those countries. The cancellation and refund policies may differ for these trips.
Essential History Expeditions recommends that you purchase a travel protection plan to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. Travel protection plans can include coverage for Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Emergency Medical and Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation, Trip Delay, Baggage Delay and more.
For more information on the available plans or to enroll, click here or contact Travelex Insurance Services at 800-228-9792, and reference location number 06-0263. We are always pleased to provide a free quote for travel insurance.
Please Note: To be eligible for the waiver of pre-existing medical condition exclusion, the protection plan must be purchased within 15 days (Travel Basic) or 21 days (Travel Select) from the time you make your initial trip deposit. However, the plan can be purchased any time prior to departure.
The product descriptions provided here are only brief summaries. The full coverage terms and details, including limitations and exclusions, are contained in the insurance Policy. Travelex CA Agency License #0D10209. All products listed are underwritten by, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company; NAIC #22276 11.17 E7N
Essential History Expeditions is pleased to offer a 10 percent discount for repeat guests and a 5 percent discount for active duty and career retired military, and current and career retired educators. Discounts may not apply to all partnership tours.